Cyclon Gems Virus Information:
Do you know about Cyclon Gems? In fact, Cyclon Gems is categorized as a spiteful adware program that could be created by cyber criminals. This adware often states that it is able to improve users’ surfing experience and help them shop better than before. But the true is that this Cyclon Gems will keep generating a lot of annoying advertisements and commercial information once it gets into computers. Besides, ads by Cyclon Gems have nothing to do with any legitimate websites like Google, Amazon and Twitter. If users click on these ads, their computer might be affected with unknown viruses or malware. Being a computer user, you will need to be careful of this kind of adware program. Please remove it as soon as possible if it appears on your machine.
Cyclon Gems Virus Screenshot:
Cyclon Gems Virus will do harm to Windows system:
1. Cyclon Gems changes browser settings so as to control users’ browsers;
2. Cyclon Gems inserts additional toolbars or add-ons to targeted computers;
3. Cyclon Gems displays tons of malicious advertisements to mess normal websites;
4. Cyclon Gems keeps track of users’ online activities to gather profitable information.
Method 1: Automatically Remove Cyclon Gems Virus
In case you have little computer expertise and skill to perform the manual removal, it’s highly recommended that you use this powerful and trustworthy Automatic Virus Remover to help you fully detect and remove all files and folders of Cyclon Gems virus in the registry and hard disk.
Method 2: Step by Step Remove Cyclon Gems Virus & Stop Ads
As you see, many pop-up ads are generally caused by malware. If you want to clear off annoying pop-up ads effectively, you will need to get rid of suspicious programs from your PC first. This comprehensive guide will show you how to solve your problem completely.
I. You should check all installed programs on your computer and remove some application that you don’t know.
1. Click on Start button to open the menu, and then click on Control Panel.
2. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category.
3. Click on the Installed On to sort the programs by date. Scroll through the list and uninstall any unknown programs.
II. Cyclon Gems and additional unwanted programs could show up on browser. So you can open your browser and remove these unwanted applications.
1. Open Start Menu again and click All Programs.
2. Click Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
3. Then you will see this warning when Internet Explorer starts without running any add-ons. Click Manage add-ons button.
4. In the box marked Show, choose Add-Ons That Have Been Used by Internet Explorer. Then click the Publisher column head to sort by publisher. Then click any unknown add-ons and then click Disable.
1. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
2. Click Tools and select Extensions.
3. Click the trash can icon by the extension you’d like to completely remove.
4. A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
1. Click on the Firefox button and then click Add-ons.
2. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select Extensions.
3. Select the add-on you wish to remove. Click Remove button.
III. As we know, “Hosts” file is an important system file in Windows which maps hostnames to IP addresses. Sometimes, it could be hijacked by adware or viruses. If the arrival of Cyclon Gems causes redirect on your PC, you can reset hosts file to solve this problem.
1. Hit Win and R keys together to open Run box.
2. Type the command as shown below and click OK button.
3. You will see a file with the name hosts.
4. Open the file in Notepad and replace its content with following text:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp. # # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows. # # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name. # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one # space. # # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol. # # For example: # # 184.108.40.206 rhino.acme.com # source server # 220.127.116.11 x.acme.com # x client host # localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself. # 127.0.0.1 localhost # ::1 localhost
5. Save the file and you have reset the file to default.
Please note that manual removal of a virus is a cumbersome procedure and could not always ensure a complete removal of the virus, owing to the fact that some components may be hidden or might get reanimated automatically after unfinished removal. Furthermore, lack of the proper skills and even the slightest deviation from the removal tutorial may cause irreparable system instability. Hence, it is highly recommended that you perform automatic removal, which can save your trouble and avoid any system malfunctions and guarantee the needed result.